Thursday, November 29, 2012

Canberra Mission Trip: Summary

Just two days ago, I came back from a short mission trip to Canberra. Our team were made out of 5 guys and 5 girls from different QUT Lifegroups. This 6-day mission trip was focussed on supporting and encouraging the local churches there, which are Hope Canberra and Hope Queanbeyan.

Throughout the mission trip, we had the chance to help out with their prayer meeting, church services, and lifegroups. It was a great experience for me as I was given the opportunity to try out different ministries. On top of that, we also got to observe how different individuals had to take on multiple roles when the church is smaller in size. One of the brothers in Hope Queanbeyan had to set up the equipment, serve as a visualizer, and after their prayer meeting he would send different ones back to their home. Another brother in Hope Canberra had to play the guitar for church, preach, and when the service ended, he humbly vacuumed the floor.

During this trip, we also stepped out in faith to try out new things such as going out to the streets to invite people to church and share the gospel to strangers. We also went to the Parliament House and did a prayer walk to pray for the country and the people of Australia.

Besides that, we also had the chance to have meals with the core team from both churches where we were given the chance to ask them questions. These sessions really inspired us as they shared how the team persevered and selflessly served God through their tough seasons. Listening to them share why they never stop giving and serving was also a great encouragement.

Throughout these 6 days, I also learned that teamwork is really important. Each of us served with whatever gifts we had, be it playing musical instruments, leading praise and worship, sharing, cooking, and even being a human-GPS. Personally, I didn't think I contributed much but I'm glad I was able to be used by God throughout the trip.

After this trip, I am even more convinced that my God is real and He knows each one of us intimately. Besides that, knowing that there are many other brothers and sisters out there persevering to do His work has greatly encouraged me to be missional for God.  

Words can not fully describe this mission trip and I really want to encourage all of you to go for a mission trip if you have the chance, and experience this for yourself. Before I end this testimony, I would also like to say “thank you” to those who supported our mission trip through finance and prayer because we couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...